Position: Electronic Repair Technician
Classic Automation LLC – Webster, NY
Type: Full-time, non-exempt
US work authorization is required .
Primary duties include the repair of factory automation equipment such as programmable logic controllers, operator display panels, power supplies, variable frequency drives, servo drives, and other related items.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs component level troubleshooting and repairs without the aid of schematics.
- Documents all trouble shooting, and repair work performed, including results in a clear, concise, and detailed manner.
- Manages personal repair queue and performs repairs in a timely fashion.
- Works closely with test department to determine faulty components.
- Understands and uses test equipment such as DMM, huntron, and oscilloscope.
- Completes and edits test records and repair reports.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, Microsoft Excel, basic computer knowledge.
Associate degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Digital multi-meter
- Soldering iron/station
- General hand tools
- Hot air re-work
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities:
- Able to take initiative
- Quality focused
- Written and oral communication
- Soldering skills
- Knowledge of electronic components
Classic Automation provides parts, products and services to users of installed industrial automation systems. We are a rapidly growing company that primarily sells through our web site.
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company profit sharing
- Casual work environment
- 401(k) plan with company match